Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Once there was a snowman

One Saturday morning as we were doing a little cleaning, Stephen announced that he was going to rescue our car from all of that snow residue. I could see the car from the kitchen window, and glanced up after a little while to see how it was coming. All I found was an untouched car and no Stephen! That alarmed me a little bit, so I ran out to see if he was okay. This is what I found...


That dear boy hadn't made it past the walkway with all of that snow taunting him. I'd like you to meet Stephen's first snowman...


And of course he would need (snow)man's best friend to keep him company...



Now that we're almost to spring (keeping our fingers crossed), I thought I'd pay tribute to our faithful friend and guard dog. Unfortunately, he hasn't lasted through these (slightly) warmer days we've been getting, but he was awfully cute for a while!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so glad you found my blog! It is good to see you and what you are up to! Congrats on getting married- it is wonderful isn't it!? That is hilarious he built a snowman- and it did look great! I am glad to get to keep up with you guys!

sara said...

That's the first snowdog I've ever seen! I guess you're never too old huh?

MJM said...

Holly, I'm so excited you joined the blogging world! I love reading about what everyone is up to. I was just talking the other day to our dear sweet Debbie Gale Mitchell, and we were wondering how you were doing. Now I know! Isn't married life the best?

Richard and Tiffany said...

Holly I love your blog!! I saw a comment from Holly and I was trying to think of the Holly's I know and then I saw your blog and I was so excited!! You and Stephen are so cute together, I have seen some of your wedding pics here and there and they are beautiful!! You're beautiful and you made a gorgeous bride!!

Jessica said...

Holly and Stephen! It is so good to see that you are doing well (and building fine snowmen and dogs, if I do say...) You are both so wonderful! Best wishes with finishing up your semesters and everything else.

Heidi said...

Awww, cute! I never saw the dog! I guess he melted first, the little guy. ;)

Stephen makes a cute little snowman and dog...Ty, Jake and I built a snow fort and pelted each other with snow balls and shovels full of snow. :)

Melanie said...

Holly, you have one of the cutest husbands ever!

Janthony said...

YAYYYYY I haven't seen your cute face in so long! It's nice to see it, even if it's just pictures on your blog. :) Sounds like life is going so well for you!

Cindy said...

Yay, a Holly blog! This will be fun. Now if we can just get connected in real life... :o)

Justin and Coralie said...

How cute you two are! Congratulations on the wedding. Can you believe you've been married for nearly 3 months?! - the 27th right?

I hope you're doing well and enjoying married life. I'm so excited to be able to keep up with you on this blog! :)

Danielle said...

Well, he's definitely a Mesa native, isn't he!?!