Friday, March 28, 2008

Watch Your Head!!

I must confess, I love kicking off the icicles that accumulate under our car. That reassuring snap when your foot meets with success, combined with that gentle little tinkling sound when it shatters on the ground...sometimes Stephen has to keep a firm hold on my hand when we walk through a parking lot after a storm. :)

Now, there are a number of perks to our humble little home, but I would like to submit that one of the finest is that the eaves of our roof seem to encourage the growth of the largest icicles I think I've ever seen in my life....


...we're still working on the many uses for these wonderful treasures. :)

6 comments:

Heidi said...

I vote for a javelin throwing competition. :)

Melanie said...

Play fetch with the snow-dog? If only he hadn't melted...

Kate said...

When we lived in Ohio, one little neighbor girl would go door-to-door selling her "ice crystals" for 25 cents. I bet you could fetch $2 for those big ones.

sara said...

How about some spindly legs for the next snowman? Those are very impressive!

Danielle said...

Holly, you are quite the writer...but, I'd love to see some pictures of you playing with those icicles too. But Stephen, you seem to be loving the camera more and more...

L.M. Steimle said...

holly! remember me? back in liberty square? thats so great you got married! those icicles are huge! thats crazy! must still be living in provo then! take a look at my blog and comment when you have time!