Saturday, March 15, 2008

We're Here!!!

Isn't he cute Ü

Well, here we are! After one month...oh dear, maybe two...of a blank screen, I think it's high time we started posting! I'm so sorry it's taken so long - I'm afraid I'm one of those people who have a much easier time writing essays once I get through that first paragraph. But now that we've broken the ice, let the blogging flow! Ü Now, I still don't know what I'm doing, yet, but we're excited to share and hear (and see) how our dear friends and family are doing, as well! This is going to be fun!

As we go along here, I may just have to backtrack to catch a few things from the last few months. So, first things first. I think the most exciting event to note from our lives is that we got married!!!! :) Exactly ten months ago from this very day, Stephen timidly stretched his hand out and threw it on top of mine - hoping that I would hold it and not push it away with a look of disgust (so he says). I think he calmed down a bit when he saw the huge smile I couldn't get off my face. ;) He proposed on October 5, 2007 amidst a herd of goats and pouring rain in Provo Canyon (the place where my dad proposed to my mom - sweet, huh), and I said YES (a few times)!! We were married on the glorious day of December 27, 2007 in the Mesa, AZ temple. The reception was that evening at Regency Garden...

Isn't that cake by Erin Haslam WONDERFUL?
(I'll put up more wedding pictures later)
The day was absolutely beautiful, emotional...and a lil' bit exhausting! :) I think another word to describe it would have to be humbling, as well. We were overwhelmed with the love and support of our dear family and friends - not to mention all of their hard work! How truly blessed we are!
After a quick stop at California Adventure and Disneyland (of course)...

...we made our way here to BYU (yay!) where we've been chugging away for the last few months - having a wonderful time! :) Well now, I think that just about brings our little synopsis up-to-speed, and speaking of school....I think I'd better attend to some things....

8 comments:

Sarah said...

I am so glad you are posting! YAY! I have been waiting to see when you would start so I can keep up on your lives! And you BETTER post more wedding photos...you both look so happy and Holly you are absolutley beautiful! (As always!) Can't wait to see more!

Heidi said...

Very impressive synopsis Holla. If I had done it, I would have written a novel. ;)

YAY for blogs! Now you just have to find the time to keep posting.

Holly said...

Lol, oh Heidi.... :)

Thank you for your help, by the way! And Saturday was so much fun! Although I'm having quite an ordeal over here trying not to eat the treats you left... :)

Melanie said...

Hooray for posting! Your blank screen was cute, but this is much better. :)

Danielle said...

I just have to say that I luff you both-and I'm so excited to be able to keep up with you now. It's good to hear the happiness and love in your voice dear Holly! I miss you lots and hope that things continue to go so well.

sara said...

Hi Holly!! Love all the family's blogs! You guys are so cute :) Congrats again the start of your life together!

-cousin Sara :)

Kate said...

I discovered your blank screen a few weeks ago... and I'm really glad there's something to comment on now. I agree with Heidi... that was a nice synopsis. I couldn't have made mine so concise. You two are lovely. When are you coming to visit?

Kim and Matt said...

You two were always one of my favorite couples...just meant to be. I want to see some wedding pics since I was not able to attend your wedding celebration. Glad everything is working out.